In addition to reviewing the most common questions you will be asking during your interview, be prepared with questions to ask, because you will be asked if you have any questions at the end of the interview. Have a list of two or three references ready to give to your interviewer, as well.
Summer Job Interview Questions
- Why are you interested in this job?
- When are you available to work this summer? When could you start and when do you need to return to school?
- What days and hours are you available each week?
- Do you have any activities that would prevent you from working your schedule?
- Do you have summer vacation plans?
- Tell me about yourself.
- Why do you think you are qualified for this position?
- Have you ever had difficulty working with a teacher or supervisor?
- If I asked your teachers or your guidance counselor to describe you, what would they say?
- If you have worked before, what did you like best about your last job?
- Describe your ability to work as part of a team.
- Why should we hire you?
- Do you have references I can contact?
- Do you have any questions for me?
Before You Go to the Interview
Be sure to dress appropriately and take the time to follow up after the interview so you make a great impression.
Job Interview Questions
Here are more job interview questions, along with sample answers. Review them prior to the interview so you are prepared to respond to the interviewer.
Questions to Ask the Interviewer
Here are questions to ask the interviewer so you can ensure the company is a good match for your qualifications and interests.
Summer Job Articles and Advice