In addition to providing electronic and print resources, many public libraries offer workshops and classes. School districts and community colleges offering continuing education classes that often include career-related courses. College career and alumni offices provide a variety services to students and alumni.
Here's a list of the services provide by career offices:
- Career counseling
- Resume and cover letter writing assistance
- Mock interviews
- Seminars and workshops on job search topics (networking, job searching online, resume writing, etc.)
- Electronic and print resources, including job search databases, educational resources, and literature on specific careers
- Computers, printers, copiers, and fax machines
- Recruiting sessions and job fairs
- Networking events
- Career aptitude tests and personality tests
- Job shadowing programs
- Services for veterans, young adults, the homeless, and other specialized groups.
- Occupational and skills training courses
- Alumni network online database (in college career offices)
- Alumni networking events (in college career offices)
Where to Find Job Search Help
Here's information on where to find free personal job search help, including job clubs, library services, career services, and more free resources for job seekers in need of job search assistance.