Double check the details - I know one job seeker who realized, after she had applied for more than a few jobs, that a couple of the numbers in her phone number were transposed, both on her cover letters and her resume.
Proofread your letter, than proof it again, to ensure there are no spelling, grammatical or typographical errors.
Check Your Cover Letter
- Your information (name, address, home phone, cell phone, email) is all correct.
- The contact name and company name are correct.
- The letter is addressed to an individual, if possible.
- The cover letter mentions the position you are applying for and where it was listed.
- The cover letter has been proofed and you have read the cover letter out loud to make sure there are no missing words.
Cover Letter Checklist
Before you send your cover letter, review this checklist to make sure that you have covered all the basics and are sending a perfect cover letter to your prospective employer.
Write a Custom Cover Letter
It can be time consuming to write a custom cover letter for each job you apply for, but it's important to take the time and effort to show the company why you are a good match.
Cover Letter Tips
More Cover letter writing tips and suggestions for writing cover letters to send with your resume, including cover letter samples and examples.
Cover Letter Examples
When applying for a job a cover letter should be sent or posted with your resume. If you are not sure what to write, review these cover letter samples.