This cover letter takes the position requirements and matches the applicant's skills to those requirements. This way, the resume reviewer can see the candidate's relevant qualifications at a glance.
Sample Targeted Cover Letter
Your City, State, Zip Code
Your Phone Number
City, State, Zip Code
Dear Mr./Ms. Last Name:
I am interested in the Coordinator position advertised on XYZ. My resume is enclosed for your review. Given my related experience and excellent capabilities I would appreciate your consideration for this job opening. My skills are an ideal match for this position.
- Responsible for evening operations in Student Center and other facilities, including managing registration, solving customer problems, dealing with risk management and emergencies, enforcement of department policies.
- Assists with hiring, training, and management of staff. Coordinate statistics and inventory.
- Experience in the supervision of student staff and strong interpersonal skills are also preferred.
- Valid Minnesota driver's license with good driving record. Ability to travel to different sites required.
- Experience in collegiate programming and management.
- Register students for courses, design and manage program software, solve customer problems, enforce department policies, and serve as a contact for students, faculty, and staff.
- Hiring, training, scheduling and management of staff, managing supply inventory, and ordering.
- Minnesota driver's license with NTSA defensive driving certification.
- Extensive experience in collegiate programming and management.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
I appreciate your taking the time to review my credentials and experience. Again, thank you for your consideration.
Your Signature (for mailed letter)
Your Typed Name
More Sample Cover Letters
Cover letter samples for a variety of career fields and employment levels.
Please Note: This sample is provided for guidance only. The provided information, including samples and examples, is not guaranteed for accuracy or legality. Letters and other correspondence should be edited to fit your personal situation.