1. Careers
Alison Doyle

What Do You Want to Be When You Grow Up?

By March 22, 2014

career choicesTaking a career test is a little like playing "what do you want to be when you grow up?" with a twist. The twist is that personality tests and career aptitude tests can give you ideas about what you possibly should do rather than you simply pondering what you want to do. It's also fun to see the options for your future.

There are a variety of online free career tests you can take, so spend a few minutes and see what could be your new career!

What do you think? Do you have ideas about what you might want to be when you grow up? And even if you are grown-up already, it's never too late to think about what you want to do next in your career.

Here's advice on deciding what you want to be when you grow up, along with tips on when and how to decide about career options.

How about you? Let us know What You Want to Be When You Grow Up (regardless of how old you are!) and take a look at the types of jobs and careers other About.com readers are interested in.

Read More: What Do You Want to Be When You Grow Up? | Career Tests | Career Aptitude Tests | Top 15 Kids' Dream Jobs | Top 10 Unexpectedly High Paying Jobs | Best Jobs No Degree Required

Copyright Getty Images John Lamb

Comments
March 31, 2009 at 2:17 pm
(1) sheila says:

i want a job and i dont know what to choes because it is hard

January 28, 2011 at 9:23 pm
(2) katlynn says:

hi my name is jada i am 21 years old and last year i had a job at a football game as one oft the snack girls i had to walk arround with snacks and a bunch of ones in my pocket for the school i realized it was the rong job for me so i took the carrere test at my school and it said a i will teacher for the last month i worked at a pre school i had the time of my life that was the right job for me anyway my point is you should try the carrere test too it helped me

August 1, 2011 at 10:25 am
(3) ger says:

please take a spelling course, and a proper speaking course.

February 17, 2011 at 9:51 pm
(4) sophia says:

first, it would help if you learned how to spell correctly. Future employers look at all kinds of blogs, or facebooks, myspace (etc…) posts, and by showing that you are not capable to spell certain elementary words, it can kill your chances of you gettign that position. im fourteen and i know that. i recommend that you apply at diners (if your good with people) and at some retail stores, this way, if an offer comes up, you can say that you have worked with people, and you have good social skills. this is a plus for any position.

March 22, 2011 at 4:41 pm
(5) Kylee says:

I think you are being a little to mean to that person who couldn’t spell correctly. Oh and for one thing you had some errors in your comment too, so I wouldn’t be talking missy…. :D

July 14, 2011 at 8:14 pm
(6) summer says:

Sophia, I agree with the other response… YOUR is spelled you’re. Sorry, but it drives me crazy when that (and there, their, they’re etc…) is misused.. You also have a run on sentence with a million commas… Just sayin’ since you are picking apart her post. You may need to polish up on your grammar/spelling as well in the next few years, before entering the workforce yourself.

February 28, 2011 at 3:43 pm
(7) leigha says:

i want to become a chef what should i do

May 3, 2009 at 2:51 pm
(8) Jim says:

Life is not guaranteed to be easy.
Follow your heart, do what you love to do and the job (and money) will follow.

May 21, 2011 at 10:16 pm
(9) Alex says:

jim i think u r 100% right. im only 11 and i want to become a doctor:) im going to follow my dream just like u told me to:) thanks

June 17, 2009 at 11:07 am
(10) George says:

hi my name is George I’m from country Georgia
I finish 10 classes and going 11 maybe I will finish after 1 year and I don’t know what I want to be, and do in future, I want to continue learn in new york

October 1, 2009 at 2:49 pm
(11) Jenieva says:

hi my name is jeneiva tom at concrete high school and im 17 years old i was thinking about going to skagit valley college.

October 27, 2009 at 7:41 am
(12) Andrew says:

Your job doesn’t have to be your life. Some people never feel satisfied doing one thing, your job doesn’t have to be something you love, for some people the job is what pays for the things they really want to do. There’s nothing wrong with that. The secret to life is not your job, it’s being happy.

November 3, 2009 at 1:43 am
(13) NGAHERA says:

I wont to be aye lo ya but i might not get the job

November 12, 2009 at 7:20 pm
(14) vanthoeun says:

hii my name is vanthoeun tin. am 16 whos looking for a job!

January 1, 2010 at 6:31 pm
(15) manar says:

hi i would love to be a singer and at the same time i want to a doctor it really hard to chose even if you are a seven year old girl so ever do not no the future not even me

January 2, 2010 at 9:05 pm
(16) Miya says:

Hi, i’m miya 13 & i have a problem about a job for my future, i don’t know what do i want 2 be, i hav many talents to say, but i can’t choose either of them,.. pls help me,…

August 8, 2011 at 11:38 pm
(17) ana says:

well choose

January 14, 2010 at 7:55 pm
(18) Tiffany says:

January 20, 2010 at 12:02 pm
(19) Shelbyy says:

Hi, My name is Shelby, && Im a junior in high school, I use to want to be a pediatristion, but now I kinda want to be a homicide detective! Hhm, Im really confused on what I wanna do, and grow up to be in life. One things for sure, I don’t want to be a failure in life.

January 20, 2010 at 4:40 pm
(20) Georgia says:

I want to be the new britsh dog whisperer!

January 27, 2010 at 8:05 pm
(21) destin says:

i have to write a paper. and i dont even know what my goals are….FML

February 20, 2010 at 10:04 am
(22) Anna says:

when i grow up i want to be a designer or an atress! I think all those ideas are great

February 22, 2010 at 9:36 pm
(23) CrAzy fish says:

but what if u want to follow your heart & there sooooooo many thing u want 2 do dat u dont know wut 2 chose? wut do u do? & if u get answer 4 this make a comment 2 crazy fish. Thx

June 7, 2011 at 11:22 pm
(24) Principessa says:

It will all just fall into place. Don’t worry about it so much. You’ll be guided when it is time.

February 26, 2010 at 10:35 pm
(25) Calvin says:

Hi
i am Calvin i am 17,i don’t go to school because i need to make some fast money for my self its really working about but i just need advice if u should stop my husling and go back to school or what i will really appreciate ur advice
thanks

March 8, 2010 at 2:01 pm
(26) Samatha Floyd, says:

“hahahaha.” I have not even finished high school yet…!
All that i do know is that i want to marry Dillon Quinn..:)

March 22, 2010 at 7:23 am
(27) Mazen says:

hi my name is mazen i’m 17 i don’t know what i want to be when i grow up i just wanna mary without working :P just joking i really want to be a doc to make lot of money

March 23, 2010 at 8:14 am
(28) chloe says:

I want a job! a good one :) but i dont no what to be?

March 29, 2010 at 1:46 am
(29) SARA BAKER says:

HI I AM IN HIGH SCHOOL AND DONT NOW WHAT SHOULD I TAKE FOR MY CLASSES BECOUSE I DIDNT PLANE FOR MY FUTURE! :@

April 1, 2010 at 1:18 pm
(30) mery says:

hi i am almera and im from serbia
i am 14 years old
when i grow up i wanna be….well i do not know still but i am working on it…
anyway i think to all people must find there dream and follow it
but sometimes it is so dificult to find your dream
sometimes it is difficult to follow your dream…

April 6, 2010 at 9:50 pm
(31) Ellie says:

My name is Ellie and I’m 15 years old. When I grow up I am going to a forensic scientist, specifically working in ballistics & firearms (the study of guns, bullets and other weaponry to help solve crimes) and also serology (which is looking at blood, DNA, and other bodily fluids to help solve crimes).

I’ve wanted to be a scientist ever since I was 6 but made the decision to be a forensic scientist when I was 12.

February 8, 2011 at 6:25 am
(32) rick says:

your too young to worry about this now, besides you need to be phsically fit to be a forensic scientist and get good grades in school.

its a dangurous job too,

you could be on the other side of harlem plucking at a body in a garbage can

May 12, 2010 at 11:47 am
(33) nene says:

this is cool dont want a job but this rocks keep rockin peace outy

May 18, 2010 at 7:58 pm
(34) Jana says:

For Tiffany,

You wrote: “Hi, I’m Tiffany 13 and i want to be Designer, Artist or Chef but i don’t what to choose because i like Drawings, Designing clothes and stuff and i also like cooking. Please help me. Please and Thank You!”

Tiffany, being a designer, artist or chef all relate closely to one another. Those jobs all involve creative processes: it sounds as if you’ve honed in on that. I would choose any field, but my recommendation would be, whatever you choose, stick with it! Put lots of energy into just one area. Seek out opportunities, ask professionals to meet with you to talk about their job, get any and all experience related to that area. You can even start now if you’re in your teens! Good luck!

Jana, 34

May 21, 2010 at 10:48 am
(35) Harleigh says:

Hi im Harleigh i want to be a vet but im scared i wont pass with grades. Im in 7th grade ya thats early to think about but i want to start thinking cuz schools important.

June 6, 2010 at 1:17 pm
(36) kim Y says:

i can’t decide which i should do wedding planner or career councellor

June 20, 2010 at 10:23 pm
(37) nolshia pierre says:

hi my name is nolshia im 9 years old but i dont know wat to do

June 29, 2010 at 10:07 am
(38) sheffon says:

yo i is sheffon i are 16 years old n i wanna be a raper when i grow up… chek out mah beetz:

“never be steppin… HA
never be steppin… HA
never be steppin… on my sho side radio

im a counter, boy, itz a fact
dont ever take so long to retract
bet you gonna mouth off from the back?
think again, huh, you’ll get smackd

never be stepping… HA
never be stepin… HA
never be steppin.. on my sho side radio”

dis only my firzt 1 wat u thank???

May 27, 2011 at 10:28 am
(39) Mike Hunt says:

i luvs yo beats man! keep on ritin dem sick rymes!

June 29, 2010 at 3:16 pm
(40) Celia says:

hi,
i’m 12 and i think i know what i want to be but how can i achieve them??
i want to be a musician or an Olympic skier…..but if i train for the Olympics then don’t make it i can always be a personal trainor because i’d be in the best shape of my life…
i hope to go to the 2016 Winter Olympics when i’m 16, but if i can’t 2020 is fine with me!!!!
what do you think???

July 1, 2010 at 3:55 am
(41) Roula says:

Hello dear, I did study International Hotels Management and i have been working as a Receptionist in different places, now am looking to find a job in a 5* Hotels i do believe on my self and i do have a very good customers service in hospitality industry and strong personality, but every time when i go for interviews they always asking me what do you want to be in the future, Most of my interviews are in a 5* Hotels. on that question always i stack because no body know what the future is hiding for you but i still have to give them a answer. please advice me what shall i say?

July 22, 2010 at 9:52 pm
(42) Maddie says:

I’m Maddie and Know I want to help others!
I have a passion for children and homeless people all over the world. I also love taking pictures.
How can i put these two togethor to make a career?

April 27, 2011 at 9:01 pm
(43) Anonymous says:

This is easy. U say u like helping others especially poor and homeless people as well as photography. What you should do is be a photographer who takes pictures to raises awareness on these issues. U might like this especially if u would enjoy traveling :)

November 8, 2011 at 5:06 pm
(44) tracy says:

hey i am tracy and my mom thinks that a lawyer and a doctor is a promising choice of work but i think that is oring i want to be a book writer as in an authorr or photographer but my mom wont listen to me what should i do

July 30, 2010 at 8:23 pm
(45) Asha says:

Hi im Asha and im only 12 and i see all these things that people want to do want to be but i would like to help, like being a vet or doctor or layor and even maybe a cop or like an fbi agent detective person. I dont know i want to be all theses things but i mostly just want to help and i want people to remember how i helped in the world when im old. I enjoy many things like helping, singing, writing, drawing, i like all these things. I dont know what to do cuz i want to think about my futer when im youge so i can get in a good collage. And hopfully get a good job.

October 18, 2011 at 11:40 am
(46) Rosemary says:

I think you should be a cop.

August 19, 2010 at 6:02 am
(47) hales says:

am hales in ghana i completed senior high am about to go to the university ma problem is i dont noe want i want to become even what i want to study when i go to te university.i did general arts in school nd i will be happy if u send me some career opportunities.thank u

August 24, 2010 at 2:27 am
(48) emily says:

Sweetie, I’m 23 years old and my mom is 42 and neither one of us know what we want to do for a living.
I know I don’t want to work for someone, but I’m just starting college so I don’t have 8 years to spend in school, so……

August 31, 2010 at 7:05 pm
(49) vivienne says:

i don’t really know what i wanna be when i grow up but i have 5 things on my mind. the first one is a doctor, police officer, a president and the one i really wanna be is a singer.

February 22, 2011 at 5:44 am
(50) Kat says:

I see you left out “mathematician”. I think that was a wise choice for someone who can’t count to five.

September 2, 2010 at 1:30 am
(51) aasritha says:

HI
IM AASRITHA.IWANT TO BECOME A DOCTOR.IT IS THE ONLY THING I HAVE IN MY MIND AT PRESENT.IM 12 YEARS OLD.

September 11, 2010 at 8:38 am
(52) Betty says:

i dont no what i want to be but i like kids, and animals what do i do?

September 12, 2010 at 7:19 am
(53) Shanty says:

Hi everybody. I’m 21 now. I Always wanted to be a teacher when I was younger. Now I study Art. I really wanna be an Illustrator. This way I’ll probably never be rich but I really dont care. It’s something I see myself doing every single day of my life. And be Happy doing it. MY advise for everyone else: Dont stick yourself with only one idea. YOu cant decide whether you wanna be a designer, chef or a wedding planner? look up for each what qualification you need to have and what you have to do to become that. (what schools you have to go to and what grades you need to have… etc) . A designer has to draw all day. To be creative all the time.. if you try to draw as often as you can and you get sick of it quikly, its probably nothing for you. A wedding planner has to organize and plan a lot of stuff. Try to be a president of a club in your school or organize a event or concert with some friends. If thats not really making you happy. It’s probably nothing for you either. You have to go out into the world start with small things and try out some stuff and eventually you see whats just a hobby of yours and whats your passion. (don’t worry to much about money until you have wife and children to feed.) Maybe also think about “what do I want to do before I die?” whatever it is. write it down. save money for it. ask your way through it. Just do it…. For all those who are still 14,12 or younger… dont worry too much…. just do your best in school. this way you dont have to worry about grades, when you finally know what you want….

November 3, 2010 at 12:41 pm
(54) Fara says:

hi!… im Fatihah Razali.. you can call me Fara or Far..im 16 years old in 2010.. subject that i choose in school is.. Biology,Mathematics,addmath,physics,chemistry.the other, history, english,bahasa(malay)..i dont know what should i be.. i like to be engineering,architect,lawyer,bussiness,polis,actress. i dont know want should i be?

November 7, 2010 at 9:25 am
(55) mohsin says:

hi m mohsin i dont want to say anything but i wana b a rich more rich

November 11, 2010 at 2:01 pm
(56) Casey says:

When I grow up, i wanna be a detective.

November 22, 2010 at 6:28 pm
(57) venessa says:

hi my name is nessa

November 23, 2010 at 1:08 pm
(58) selma says:

when i want to grow up i want to be a solicitor and i think i will be great.

November 23, 2010 at 1:10 pm
(59) selma says:

when i grow up i want to be a solicitor

November 24, 2010 at 4:25 pm
(60) charlie brannan says:

i want to be a famous filmmaker i`m making a film next june july augest its a war action film called “IT IS WAR” i`m directing
producing with another 3, camera operating along with another 6, writing with my friend and doin the music and editing this films costing £30,000 i`m getting £50,000 i`m 14 now but i`ll be 15 wen i`ll be filming and ther`ll be over 200 + helping (crew, acting)

December 1, 2010 at 9:52 am
(61) Sheila says:

I want a job and I dont know what to choose because it is hard.

December 1, 2010 at 9:55 am
(62) George says:

Hi my name is George, I’m from the state of Georgia.
I have finished 10 classes and taking an 11th maybe. I will finish after 1 year and I don’t know what I want to be or do in future. I want to continue to learn in New York.

December 1, 2010 at 9:57 am
(63) Jeneiva says:

Hi my name is Jeneiva Tom, I am from Concrete High School and I’m 17 years old. I was thinking about going to Skagit Valley College.

December 1, 2010 at 10:01 am
(64) Manar says:

Hi, I would love to be a singer but at the same time I want to be a doctor. It is really hard to choose. Even if you are a seven year old girl, no one knows the future not even me.

June 7, 2011 at 11:26 pm
(65) Principessa says:

You’re 7. There’s no reason to make a decision like that now. It will come to you when it’s time.

December 1, 2010 at 10:04 am
(66) Miya says:

Hi, I’m Miya. I am 13 and I have a problem about finding a job for my future. I don’t know what to do or what I want to be. I have many talents, but i can’t choose between them, please help me…

December 1, 2010 at 10:08 am
(67) Shelby says:

Hi, my name is Shelby, I’m a junior in high school. I use to want to be a pediatrician, but now I kind of want to be a homicide detective! I’m really confused about what I want to do in life. One things for sure, I don’t want to be a failure in life.

December 1, 2010 at 10:12 am
(68) Crazy Fish says:

@ Crazy Fish
What if you want to follow your heart and there are so many things you want to do that you don’t know what to choose? What do you do? If you get an answer for this address a comment to crazy fish. Thank-you.

December 1, 2010 at 10:17 am
(69) Calvin says:

@Calvin
Hi, my name is Calvin, I am 17 years old. I don’t go to school because I am in need of making some fast money for myself. It’s really working. However, I need advice about whether i should stop hustling and go back to school. I would appreciate your advice, thank-you.

December 1, 2010 at 10:21 am
(70) Mazen says:

Hi, my name is Mazen, I am 17 years old. I don’t know what I want to be when I grow up. I just want to get married without having to work. I am just kidding. I really want to be a doctor and make a lot of money.

December 1, 2010 at 10:23 am
(71) Chloe says:

@Chloe
I want a job! A good one, but I dont know what I want to be. Any suggestions?

December 1, 2010 at 10:26 am
(72) Mohsin says:

Hi, I am Mohsin. I don’t want to say anything but I want to be even more rich than I already am.

December 1, 2010 at 10:31 am
(73) Sheffon says:

Hi, my name is Sheffon, I am 16 years old. I want to be a raper when I grow up. Check out my beats.

“never be steppin… HA
never be steppin… HA
never be steppin… on my sho side radio

im a counter, boy, itz a fact
dont ever take so long to retract
bet you gonna mouth off from the back?
think again, huh, you’ll get smackd

never be stepping… HA
never be stepin… HA
never be steppin.. on my sho side radio”

This is only my first rap, what do you think?

December 1, 2010 at 10:33 am
(74) Sara Baker says:

Hi, I am in highschool. I don’t know what classes I should take because I didn’t plan for my future!

December 17, 2010 at 4:56 am
(75) student 1 says:

i have got two years in high school then ill graduate i was asking the same question what will i be when i grow up and i didnt find a suitable answer alot of people are trying to convince me to be the something that im not and at the end i dont know what am i going to be ? can someone please help me ?

December 29, 2010 at 4:12 pm
(76) lauren says:

i really want to be alot of things but i cant choose between a singer dancer gymnast or model plz help me some one xx

January 2, 2011 at 10:34 am
(77) Janet says:

I want to get my PhD and be a clinical psychologist working with children.

January 5, 2011 at 11:43 pm
(78) Sean says:

I saw a few comments here from folks who don’t know what to do when they grow up. I was confused too until I read this book recently titled “The Career Journey” by Ram Iyer. There are some very nice forms at the back of the book that helps you quickly decide what you should focus on. The book is really a fantastic investment of your time and money. It only cost me $9.99 in Amazon. Try checking it out at the local library or buy a copy of the same. It is worth a read.

January 6, 2011 at 6:14 pm
(79) Madison says:

I really want to be a singer and I am on my way there! I am 12 do you think that is too young to be a singer?

May 27, 2011 at 10:27 am
(80) Mike Hunt says:

Rebecca Black didn’t think so……

January 18, 2011 at 2:55 pm
(81) Andrew says:

It is kind of funny to see some of these posts with children saying what they want to be when they grow up. I am 23 now, and I am an engineer at siemens. When I was as old as nineteen I wanted to be a doctor, but my love of physics in college steered me in the direction I am in now. It is funny how life works out, you think you know what you want, and when you actually get there you figure out who you really are.

January 25, 2011 at 10:53 am
(82) shella says:

want to mit you

January 27, 2011 at 2:27 pm
(83) onyinye says:

i need to have a future ambition

January 31, 2011 at 1:38 pm
(84) destinee says:

i think you should just follow your heart and do what you beileive in thats what i am going to do and thats what everyone should do

February 2, 2011 at 3:40 am
(85) sweety_pie_xx says:

I dont really know what i want to be and its kinda stressing me out. im 13 and i know im young but highschool is a big shock to me and if i have to put up with highschool and i dont think about a career im stuffed!
these are a few things that are on my mind :
*hairdresser
*photographer
*buissness owner
*designer
*teacher

then i dont know, please help me and give me advice!

February 16, 2011 at 1:28 am
(86) Aron says:

Just starting college this year; my mind has already jumped so many times to the things I want to do with the rest of my life.
It’s worrying to say the least, I mean, I love the arts, I would like to teach if I get down to it. I am a mechanic currently, I have my hair stylist’s licence, you name it; I have probably tried it.
Its interesting to be evaluated on not what you are good at as much as what interests you.
The test showed that I was very apt at being an Artist, in some way, shape or form, and I do have my ideas about it.
Next would be teaching; what surprised me the most was it also suggested writing or clerical work.
My thoughts are a little more organized, at least to the point where I have thoughts on jobs being more about my interests over what can be in well demand.

March 14, 2011 at 11:28 am
(87) alaa says:

hey i’m alaa i’m 17 and recently i’m affriad of what my future will end to be i see all my friends know what they want to be and chose there future jobs unlike me i don’t know what to do :(

April 3, 2011 at 7:14 pm
(88) Khom says:

I want to be help people that who need it. But, it’s hard to do.

April 14, 2011 at 7:19 pm
(89) JOHNNY says:

HI IM JOHNNY HOW DO YOU BECOME A POLICE OFFICER? ANYONE KNOW?

May 5, 2011 at 11:28 am
(90) denisha says:

hi everyone my name is denisha and i want to be a chef and for everyone who did this it’s just a waste of you time

May 23, 2011 at 12:49 pm
(91) shannon banks says:

i want to be a singer.. now actually :’(

June 4, 2011 at 5:45 am
(92) Marta says:

That’s great, but most of kids thinks that if you wanna be a singer you just have to practice to sing. What I want to tell you is, it is not easy to be a singer. You have to read a lot of books, you must have a special talent, you have to think “what if I fail” and yes of course you must to practice to sing too.
To be a singer is not so easy it needs a lot of work and if u do your best you will succeed.

Good luck sweetie!

September 22, 2011 at 10:50 am
(93) tagee says:

i want that so baaad :( are you after money or fame?
;) be honest ;)

July 5, 2011 at 2:33 pm
(94) kendal says:

hi im 9 and my bffs say im a good singer but i dont know how to start oh and i wrote alot of songs so far help!!!!!!!!!!!!!

July 29, 2011 at 2:38 am
(95) Spike says:

I want to work for the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) when I grow up. I just wanna see what it’s like to be able to hack even more stuff! LOL

August 18, 2011 at 7:10 am
(96) Cat says:

that’s cool,what stuff do you hack?

July 29, 2011 at 2:41 am
(97) Spike says:

Im 14 and when i grow up I wanna work for the FBI, NSA, or CIA.

-nuff said

August 8, 2011 at 11:40 pm
(98) ana says:

omg im 17 years old but i dont know what i want to be when i grow up help me i dont know want to be

August 14, 2011 at 10:46 pm
(99) Jackie says:

I want to risk my life for strangers, in 800 degrees, carrying 100 pounds of gear down stairs, possibly with a body, i want to risk my life knowing i might never walk out of that burning building
Im 13 and i want to be a firefighter.

August 17, 2011 at 11:03 am
(100) Kate says:

Hi my name is Kate I want to be a doctor

August 18, 2011 at 7:14 am
(101) Cat says:

I say go for it,but make a back-up plan because you never know where life will take you!GOOD luck!! be happy

August 18, 2011 at 7:09 am
(102) Cat says:

Hi,my names Cat,since I’m 13 years old I should already have a dream but my family aren’t very supportive because they never really made it like they wanted to.I thought that i wanted to be a pilot but then i figured out i really love reading books,so i wanted to be either a librarian or a writer cause my teacher always tells me that I’m very good.Anyway, i just don’t want to get my hopes up for nothing like my sister did.Please help me!

August 18, 2011 at 1:39 pm
(103) Me says:

A good advisor really asked me two questions (I’m 50).

1. If nothing was an obstacle – money, time, etc. – what would
you want to be dong?

2. What is keeping you from doing it?

My problem is I can’t think of anything I would love to be doing? Everything to me is bland, gray, or empty.

But still really good questions.

December 9, 2011 at 12:10 am
(104) quaila says:

hi my name is quaila am 16 ….am in grade 10 i dont know what classes i should take …am dieing to be an adult to see whats its like :) <3

December 9, 2011 at 12:17 am
(105) quaila says:

@ spike i wanna be that too :) an FBI :)

January 11, 2012 at 6:23 am
(106) katlego says:

Hy am at high school about to do grade 10 dnt knw which subject should i take,by da way am at technical school

February 1, 2012 at 1:03 pm
(107) morgan says:

hey what should i take to be an engineer

February 12, 2012 at 9:25 pm
(108) gloria says:

All that really matters in life is your happiness. I truly believe everyone has a purpose. Some will find it sooner than others. But the real key to.success is not to have the highest paying career but to find a career or job that you really love and enjoy. I am only a medical assistsnt but I love my job so much that at times I don’t want to go home. For the young children leaving comments, in time you will find out what your Passion is…until then enjoy being a kid. Do good in school and then you can get scholarships to college . Bottom line is do what u enjoy doing …

February 13, 2012 at 7:27 pm
(109) santiago says:

February 13, 2012 at 7:32 pm
(110) oscar says:

hola cuando yo sea grande yo kiero aser un policia

February 20, 2012 at 7:24 pm
(111) coltin says:

hi im 8 and when i grow up i want to be a football player and a baseball player or in the artein genrels office

March 20, 2012 at 9:27 am
(112) Ernie says:

I’m 42. What I wanted to be changed with finding new good things and what people around me said was good. I didn’t become any job title. I became a Good person. I work where I can when I can as long as I can. I enjoy honoring my beliefs and being good to others when I think appropriate. We are trying in good directions and sometimes help is nice. I’d want it for me so I give it.
You can have good ideas but not be able to get them out good compared to others. Trying to express your thoughts and doing it the best you know how now to is good. You can spell words of which you don’t know the meaning. So while you got trained or were training in spelling; there were areas in which you were not advancing but they were–everyone is as-good-as or better than others in some area.

There’s what we want, what we’re willing to now what we’re willing to then, what we can do now, what we can do then and how well we are able and prepared. If the test/program allows you to look at some of this; it could help.

Singers know songs, music, other singers’ styles. Writers know rules of writing, styles, grammar. Police know rules of law. Everyone study the standards. Whatever you want to do will have performance standards. Learn school information now because it is basic stuff at various places outside school and if you just learn it while you have the opportunity you can do what you want to sooner and better after school study.

April 12, 2012 at 9:36 pm
(113) nancy says:

Hi im nancy i have 16 years old and i have a problem about a job for my future, i don’t know what do i want to be, for a time ago I use to want to be a lawyer and architect but now the time is coming and the next year ill do the big test for the university.Im really confused on what I wanna do, and grow up to be in life. .HELP ME!

April 30, 2012 at 1:08 pm
(114) hilda says:

hi my name is hilda im 8 years old im know im not suposed to be writing when this age but i just want to tell you what i want to be when i grow up i want to be be a employment lawyer because it gives you lots of money and its entertaining

June 15, 2012 at 9:37 am
(115) kadia says:

hi my name is kadia im 17 years old. im thinking when i grow up i want to get married. and i want to be rich but having people you love and care for is more important to me to being rich. you need to think about your future because you might not always be rich.im think about what can i do when i grow up lol

July 16, 2012 at 1:11 pm
(116) rahul says:

hii i am rahul m 19 year old i am doing bca i am very worried about my fucture..

October 5, 2012 at 11:55 pm

Singer
Technology worker
restaraunt owner
and a dectictive

October 9, 2012 at 11:43 pm
(119) Julia .... says:

I really want a job to pay the bills but i have talent in makeup making people look amazing makes me feel happy! But the average wage is 14.35 were i live it wont suite my life style that i want plan B is to be a DON or RN it pays the bills nd supports the life style i want to live.. but i wont be happy Im a freashman and i need to decide what i need to be like NOW please help?

October 14, 2012 at 11:04 am
(120) :) says:

:( 0.0 XD :I

November 4, 2012 at 5:54 pm
(121) Lewis says:

Im about to do my gcse’s but I don’t know what I should do as my options. I like designing things but what job should i do in designing. HELP !!!

November 5, 2012 at 10:22 am
(122) salma says:

December 7, 2012 at 12:25 am
(123) Roque says:

I want to become a cardiothoracic surgeon. I have a long ways to go, but I know I can do it.

December 16, 2012 at 5:32 pm
(124) Ali says:

i want to be an actress, but i don’t know how i can be discovered…

December 20, 2012 at 4:25 pm
(125) Caitlyn says:

I am 13 years old and at school they are all like “what do you want to do with your life?” and my friends are like “neonatal nurse” and “engineer” and “chef” and “teacher” and the only thing I have ever considered is photography. As in people photography. Is this a possible future or should I forget it and go for something more realistic? Please can someone help? I need it!!

February 26, 2013 at 9:46 am
(126) Kat says:

hi im 13 i know it seems young but i want to go to a drama school because i want to be on the stage! It cost a lot of money to go to a drama school like the one i wish to go to and its a full commitment and its a full time school. My parents would almost never let me go unless i was acctually dying to go! (which i am but i cant let them know that for multiple reasons.) im doig a course at this school in the easter and im really looking forward to it. how can i get my parents to find the money and time to let me go to this acting school because i can’t imagine doing anything else?!

March 4, 2013 at 6:56 pm
(127) Jon says:

I love soccer I want to be a soccer player when I grow up

P.S SOCCER ROCKS

March 17, 2013 at 12:08 pm
(128) LOLEL says:

I have this thing at school you have to wear like someone you want to be and i dont know who to be…… and help….

April 18, 2013 at 2:37 pm
(129) jean schwedler says:

hey everyone my name is jean and i want to be a homicide detective i have always wanted to be one all my life:)

April 26, 2013 at 4:11 pm
(130) ropko says:

Hi my name robert and i want to be a soccer player and i will play for chelsea.

May 6, 2013 at 4:31 am
(131) Jnr Robinson says:

Hahaha its funny reading you guys comments, well im 16 years old, im a boy, i dont know what i want to be when i grow up.i hope this site works, i want to serve people and make them happy. ill just work hard with whatever studies jobs or anything i have because time will come to pass and i hope to achieve something in life. XD

May 17, 2013 at 3:28 am
(132) prabhas says:

hey guys i’m confuse to what to do after b.com and some of my friends
telling me to do MBA or MCA which course is good for me and i’m poor
so i can invest huge amount. Please tell me guys.

July 3, 2013 at 1:49 am
(133) Can't tell you! says:

Hi I’m just looking for what people want to be when they grow up for inspiration for a story I’m doing!!

July 22, 2013 at 7:16 pm
(134) moonflea says:

i know some of you are confused about what you want to be when you grow up but i am here to say you shouldn’t worry about it. i am going to be 45 in a few months and i still don’t know what i want to be if i grow up. i am a bit antisocial, and i really can’t work inside. i drove a bus for about 8 years (longest, and only successful job) like it but i get bored very easily. i pick up litter on the roads and that was ok. boring but i didn’t have to deal with people.

my advice is to be honest with yourself about what things you can see yourself doing. follow your passions but sometimes your skills and passions don’t coincide

good luck young people

July 31, 2013 at 1:39 pm
(135) Jennifer says:

This is really upsetting me. I don’t know what I want to be. I’m seventeen and college is knocking on my door. This is frightening. Sometimes I think I want to be an actress but then when I start reading how much you have to spend and how difficult it is I start to give up on that. Other times I think I want to be a doctor but then again I don’t know if I’d like to spend a lot of time in a hospital. I’m definitely confused!

September 29, 2013 at 2:41 am
(136) Thomas says:

Hi, my name is Thomas Booker & honestly no offense but to me it’s kind of sad all the spelling & grammatical errors. I go to Cheldelin Middle School in Corvallis, OR. Recently tonight I’ve been thinking about being a doctor because this night I have been studying Alzheimer’s. I took a test last year on what I might be when I grow up. There are a couple subjects on a scale of 0 to 5, I don’t know exactly what I scored because I don’t have the paper with me at the moment & my memory sucks but I know I got a 5 in Math, Music, & Art. All my childhood I’ve been bullied & I’m friendly but because there are so many illogical or hurtful people in this society, I don’t have too many friends. When I’m really mad I don’t think before I act very well (at all really). What kind of job do you think I’d do well in?

October 6, 2013 at 6:59 am
(137) liana says:

hello guys im in yr 9 and im worried because i dont know what i want to take for my options, meaning i dont know what job to take in he future, some help me.

October 9, 2013 at 4:01 pm
(138) john werts says:

u stink and always will litl litl litl litl ledaly

October 14, 2013 at 5:26 am
(139) Pauline says:

Hi I’m Matthew, I don’t have any career goals.

November 20, 2013 at 5:26 pm
(140) Akshay says:

Hi my name is Akshay.I want to either be a lawyer,a architect or go into business with my dad.The problems are i dont like art or english lit.
But i do love to read.IDK what to choose pls. help me!

November 28, 2013 at 1:53 am
(141) antara bhowmik says:

hi..my name is antara bhowmik.age 16years.madhyamik pass with 73%.letter in math nd physical science.and now reading in 12.my stream is pure science.math physics chemistry and biology.i want to do a job now.my height 5foot 6inch.clear eye sight.i know swimming nd yoga also.suggest me a job with well sallary.

December 29, 2013 at 10:14 am
(142) KarimLeed says:

Hey am 16 turning to 17 at early next year on 4th january…..for sure upto this very moment am confused about choosing my career…who i wanna be..!! There are many options but to choose the good one is a problem….so i need help please…!! Any advice?

February 2, 2014 at 5:33 pm
(143) Tabitha says:

I am 13 and I wanna be a musical productionist and I really need some ideas….

February 15, 2014 at 9:35 pm
(144) Devon says:

to those that have left negative comments you should not bash those reaching out for help you should give positive words of support as these people have reached out for help not to be talked down to