If you have been wondering about the value of LinkedIn for job searching, some of the recent statistics announced by LinkedIn might convince you to join, if you haven't already, or to work on building your network and updating your profile if you're already a LinkedIn member.
In addition to professional networking, an important reason to have a strong presence on LinkedIn is the fact that companies are there, and they are using LinkedIn for hiring:
- There are more than 3 million companies who have LinkedIn Company Pages.
- Over 5.7 billion professionally-oriented searches were done on LinkedIn in 2012.
- An average of 45 million profiles are viewed each day on LinkedIn.
When you're working on growing your career, you'll have more opportunities to connect than ever. That's especially true for college students and grads who want to connect with alumni from their school individually and via LinkedIn Groups. The college population is LinkedIn's fastest growing demographic. Here are some of the detailed metrics:
- As of August 2013, LinkedIn has more than 238 million members around the world and are adding more than 2 members per second.
- There are over 30 million students and recent college graduates on LinkedIn today.
- There are more than 2.1 million LinkedIn Groups.
- Over 2 billion endorsements have been given on LinkedIn.
For those who are new to LinkedIn, here's how to get started. If your LinkedIn profile needs a makeover, here's what to include and how to make the best impression. For everyone, your photo matters as much as the content on your LinkedIn page. Here's how to take and choose a professional LinkedIn photo.
Image Copyright LinkedIn