When you are writing a recommendation letter, whether for a job or internship, volunteering, academic admissions, or for any other purpose, your letter should be well-written, formatted properly and proofread for grammar and typographical errors.
These reference letter guidelines provide information on what to include, how to format and organize your recommendations, how long your letter should be, what font to use, and how to address your letter.
Have other letters to write? Here are letter writing guidelines to help ensure all your correspondence is correctly written and formatted:
- How to Write a Business Letter
- How to Write a Cover Letter
- How to Write a Job Application Letter
- How to Write a Reference Letter
- How to Write a Resignation Letter
- How to Write a Thank You Letter
Image Copyright Getty Images Photodisc