The 2013-2012 Salary Survey from Dice reports that tech professionals earned an over 5% increase in average annual wages to $85,619, up from $81,327 in 2011.
The survey reports that:
- The overall average annual salary for tech professionals is $85,619
- The average salary for tech pros with 1 - 3 years of experience is $46,315
- Salaries reported by those who regularly use Hadoop, NoSQL and Mongo DB are all above $100,000
- Average salaries for technologies closely associated with cloud and virtualization are just under $90,000
- Mobile salaries average about $80,000
- The average bonus for tech employees was $8,636, with 33% of employees receiving a bonus
- A majority (64%) of tech professionals are confident they could find a new job in 2013
In related good news for tech job seekers, Dice also reports that more tech jobs have been created in the three-and-a-half years since the end of the recession than under the same recovery timelines in either 1991 or 2001. The unemployment rate for technology professionals was 3.3% in the fourth quarter of 2012, compared to the national average of 7.8%.
Read More: Dice 2013-2012 Salary Survey
Image Copyright Dice