The CareerCast.com Job Stress Report, an annual survey of that measures work environment, job competitiveness and risk for 200 different jobs has a report out on the least stressful jobs of 2012.
The top five least stressful jobs of 2012 are Medical Records Technicians, Jewelers, Hair Stylists, Dressmakers/Tailors and Medical Laboratory Technicians.
On an interesting note, there isn't much of a salary differential when it comes to the most and least stressful jobs. Tony Lee, Publisher, CareerCast.com says, "Not all jobs are created equal when it comes to stress levels. If avoiding workplace stress is your primary goal, there are many attractive options. And most interesting, your salary may not suffer. In fact, the most stressful job from our research this year pays about the same as the least stressful job."
Here are the top 10 least stressful jobs from CareerCast.com:
1. Medical Records Technician - Average Income $32,350
2. Jeweler - Average Income $35,170
3. Hair Stylist - Average Income $22,760
4. Dressmaker/Tailor - Average Income $26,560
5. Medical Laboratory Technician - Average Income $36,280
6. Audiologist - Average Income $66,660
7. Precision Assembler - Average Income $31,250
8. Dietitian - Average Income $53,250
9. Furniture Upholsterer - Average Income $29,960
10. Electrical Technician - Average Income $56,040
On the flip side of the equation, here are the most stressful jobs from this year's report.
Image Copyright Getty Images Ken Stone