1. Careers
Alison Doyle

Free Job Sites

By March 9, 2011

nullShould job seekers use sites that charge job seekers, or can you find the job listings you need on free job sites?

The quick answer is no, you shouldn't pay for job listings. The longer answer is still no, with a caveat.

There is a difference between web sites that provide a service i.e. the site searches for jobs for you to apply to and/or applies to them for you.

If you can afford the service, web sites like JobSerf, for example, can be a way to save time and get more qualified job leads. I'm not complaining about these types of sites, because you are getting something for your money and you're paying for the service, not for job listings.

The sites I have an issue with are those that charge job seekers to access job listings. The job seekers, in many cases, don't have a clue that they can find the exact same job listings on other sites - absolutely free.

There are more free job sites than I can count, and there is no good reason to pay a monthly,  quarterly, or any other fee, when you can access the exact same jobs posted on company web sites free or on the job search engine sites. Here's more information on whether you should pay for job listings, or not.

If you're not sure about a site, check it out to make sure it's legitimate. Google the company name along the words "scam" "credit card" and "fraud." Check the fine print in the user agreement to see how and when you can get a refund. Check how easy - or difficult - it is to cancel.

More: Free Job Sites | Bad Job Sites | Paying for Job Listings

Connect With Alison:  Job Search Discussion Forum | Facebook | TwitterLinkedIn

Copyright Igor Zhorov

Comments
July 26, 2010 at 11:26 pm
(1) Jane says:

I am not sure how anyone could think they could get away with charging people for job listings. Haven’t they ever heard of a thing called the INTERNET? I’m pretty sure that if there is anyone that would fall for a site like that, those types of people will be almost non-existant in the very near future.

July 27, 2010 at 9:48 am
(2) Raymond says:

Hi Alison,

Spectrum Career Search is a free resource available to Job Seekers. It provides free assessment tools, access to over 1,000 Job Boards on one site, a free resume builder and career advisor, information on educational opportunities, free weekly teleconference calls on “Hot Topics”, a resource library filled with audios, videos and articles, and access to 100 free resume cards for networking.

It is equally good for job seekers in nearly any profession or level of experience and regardless of the level of education.

Human Resource departments are welcome to use it as an outplacement tool or for candidates that apply for which there are no positions available.

I hope this is helpful to your readers.

February 24, 2011 at 1:21 am
(3) Julian says:

Hi Alison!

Well I have found just the right thing! It is brand new and probably never heard about yet.

I have stumbled upon http://www.utor.co , which is still in its development stage but free!
You can even attract Job offers.

Cheers,

Julian

March 12, 2011 at 9:21 pm
(4) List of Jobs says:

I just launched my free job site. It will be free to post for all employers/recruiters. Currently I have relationships with over 30 different job boards with syndication on each.

Happy Hunting!

March 27, 2011 at 12:12 am
(5) free job board says:

Another free job board found – SuperDuties. Looks as though many of these are popping up lately.

June 2, 2011 at 1:09 pm
(6) Faisalabad says:

Hi,,,
I am looking for a free online sites to post my JOB.I am an employer so will you please provide me a lost of free online sites to post my JOB ADD….